Thursday 10 March 2011

Clauses with it + adverbial caluses with when

18:47 by Admin ·
Labels:
Clause     with    it       Adverbial      Clause     with    when
subject + verb + it   +   when       + subject  +  verb

Example:

  1. I don't mind it    when people talk loudly during a movie
  2. I don't like it      when a cell phone rings in the classroom
  3. I can't stand it   when a child screams in a restaurant
  4. It bothers me    when a teacher forgets my name.
  5. It upsets me      when people arrive late for appointments.
Exercise:

How do you feel about the following situations? Complete the sentences with it clause from the list.

I love it                       It bothers me                    I don't like it
I can't stand it            It embarrasses me           It doesn't bother me
It makes me happy    It really upsets me           I don't mind it

  1. ............. when someone gives me a compliment on my clothes
  2. ............. when people are direct and say what's on their mind
  3. ............. when someone corrects my english in front of others.
  4. ............. when a friend is sensitive and supportive.
  5. ............. when people throw trash on the ground
  6. ............. when a friend teaches me about TOEFL Skills.
  7. ............. when I get phone calls on my birthday.
  8. ............. when a stranger asks me for money
  9. ............. when people call me late at night.
  10. ............. when teachers are temperamental.

    1 comments:

    Unknown said...
    5 October 2020 at 23:00

    1 It makes me happy
    2 It doesn't bother me
    3 It embarrasses me
    4 I love it
    5 It really upsets me
    6 It really upsets me
    7 I don't mind it
    8 It bothers me
    9 I don't like it
    10 I can't stand it

    Post a Comment

    Pembalut Herbal IN3