Thursday 10 March 2011

Relative pronoun as Subjects and Objetcs

17:51 by Admin ·
Labels:
Relative pronouns as Subjects

1. A. I like guys.  
    B. They aren't too serious.          

         ----> I like guys who/that aren't too serious.


2. A. I like guys.  
    B. They have a good sense of humor.

          ----> I like guys who/that have a good sense of humor

3. A. Susan is a nice girl
    B. She can accept other people's differences

         -----> Susan is a nice girl who/that can accept other people's differences.

4. A. Mr. Sam is a rich man
    B. He doesn't like giving things to other people.

         ------> Mr. Sam is a rich man who/that doesn't like giving things to other people.


Relative Pronoun as Objects

1. A. I'd prefer someone
    B. I can talk to him easily

         ------> I'd prefer someone (who/that) I can talk to easily.

2. A. I'd prefer someone.
    B. I have fun with him.

         ------> I'd prefer someone (who/that) I have fun with.

3. A. I like to be with people
   B.  I can share problems with them

         ------> I like to be with people (who/that) I can share problems with.

Note:
  • Who is used to replace people and That is used to replace people and thing

Exercise:

Match the information in columns A and B. Then Rewrite each pair to form one sentence. Use relative pronoun if necessary.

A                                                                           B

1. I don't want to have a partner ..........            a. These people are organized and intelligent
2. I'd like to meet people ............                     b. This person has good leadership qualities
3. I'd prefer a roommate .............                     c. These people have a good sense of jokes.
4. I don't like to be with people ..............         d. I have nothing in common with this person.
5. I want to discuss my problem with
    friends ..........                                                 e. These people are warm and sensitive.
6. I'd rather have a boss .............                      f. I don't feel comfortable around these people
7. I'd prefer to have teachers ...........                 g. This person is quiet and considerable.

Example:
  1. I don't want to have a partner who  I have nothing in common with.

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Pembalut Herbal IN3